Two of my goals for 2017 were to complete $1000 worth of products this year and to go through as many samples as I could. With a full year to achieve these goals and no strict rules, I've been decidedly casual about finishing stuff, and I think it's working well for me. Therefore, I'm going to do another Project Pan. Instead of going on a buying freeze in the meantime, I'm just going to follow one rule: "Finish this stuff by the end of 2017."
So here's what I've picked for the year!
- any mini lipstick -- I have, I think, 5 mini lipsticks in my collection right now, and there are a couple in my sample box waiting to get pulled out. I'd like to finish any one of them. It's most likely that I'll finish MAC Creme Cup, since it's a light color with minimal staying power.
- Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Cream and Youth to the People Kale + Spinach Moisturizer samples -- These are small enough that I'd prefer to treat them as one item. Neither moisturizer has knocked it out of the park for me, but they're serviceable. Until I find my ideal daytime, under-makeup moisturizer, these are what I have.
- Glossier Perfecting Skin Tint in Light -- I've owned this product before and finished over half of it, but I became convinced that it was causing an adverse reaction on my skin, so I got rid of it. I later realized that another product was causing the problem. Repurchase, then! I really enjoy this product; I have no doubt that I can finish it by the end of the year.
- Maybelline Dream Lumi Pen in Ivory -- I bought this shade because I thought it would be a great stand-alone undereye concealer for low makeup days. It's okay, but I really do prefer the Radiant shade, which is a peachy corrector that I like to mix with another concealer on my undereyes. I'll go back to using Radiant once this tube is done.
- Glossier Balm Dot Com in Mint -- I've finished several tubes of (and have repurchased) the Coconut Balm Dot Com, and that's fine by me; the smell and flavor are unique and pleasant enough. The mint, though, is just...mint. I greatly prefer Jack Black's lip balm if I'm going for mint, since that product also includes sunscreen. I didn't mark this tube, but you can see that right now, the product starts just about the word "Glossier."