Wednesday, January 2, 2013

FOTD: Nudes

I pretty much never wear nude shades on my lips, especially if my eyeshadow is neutral. Not enough color! I needs mah gaudy colors! But I was inspired by the fact that Lipstick Queen Pink Sinner is more peach-beige than pink, I've been reading tons of 90s stuff, and the Pixiwoo sisters recently recorded a Vanessa Paradis tutorial that rocked my socks. Unfortunately, I ran in to a few problems. The Wet n' Wild cream liner is great...if you get a good batch. I got a meh pot. The Milani Luminous blush I used is the super-old-school one, and it barely has any shine or shimmer, so I had to add an extra highlighter. I tried applying MAC Face & Body with my hands, as per this video, but I didn't find the finish to be anything new or special. (It didn't look bad, though.) Lastly, this look didn't photograph all that way; it looked much nicer in person, and the lip combination was far more beige. Whatever. I looked fierce while I did my laundry!



BASE: MAC Face & Body foundation in N1 + White, MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural in Light, Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer in Sx02, Skindinavia setting spray

EYES: Too Faced Shadow Insurance, Chanel Inimitable Intense mascara, Ardell 301 lashes, Clinique Superfine Liner for Brows, 01 Soft Blonde, Anastasia Clear Brow Gel, Bourjois eyeshadow in White, NYX eyeshadow in Iced Mocha, NYX eyeshadow in Sensual, Wet n' Wild Cream Liner

CHEEKS: Milani Luminous blush, Kevyn Aucoin Celestial powder in Candlelight

LIPS: MAC lip pencil in Subculture, Lipstick Queen lipstick in Pink Sinner, Bobbi Brown Rich Color Gloss in Tutu

2 comments: