The cost of my thrifting for the past few months (since I first cleaned out my closet and began working on replenishing my wardrobe) has been $134.41. This cost includes dozens of shirts, three skirts, leggings, a hat, a leather jacket, and more. Today I bought 2 more pairs of leggings on eBay, which would make the total $159.39; I'll be sure to post pictures of those when they arrive!
I also took some meh pictures of my FOTD. The sunlight is bouncing off of the snow outside, so getting the lighting right has been a bit tricky. Regardless, I thought you might enjoy something that isn't my usual cat-eyes-and-bright-lips look. Please note that MAC Chromagraphic pencils are not always recommended for use around the eyes or lips.
BASE: Vapour Organic Beauty Atmosphere Luminous foundation in 090, Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer in Sx02
EYES: Too Faced Shadow Insurance, Estee Lauder Sumptuous mascara, Clinique Super-Fine Liner for Brows in 01 Soft Blonde, MAC Chromagraphic pencil in Genuine Orange, MAC Chromagraphic pencil in Basic Red
CHEEKS: MAC Frost blush in Hipness
LIPS: MAC Glossy Pencil in Chase
Things To Hunt For Whilst Thrifting
as of December 30, 2012:
- a plain black blazer that doesn't make me look like a Golden Girl.
- leather pants or shorts.
- just leather. A11 teh 1eathurz!!1!one
- a big, black hat.
- a long plaid skirt--softer and maybe less "formal" than the Salvo one.
- day-to-day black boots or clogs, preferably tacky or butch.
- tall, no-or-small heel boots for a DIY project.
- A PURSE!!!
- denim pants and jackets to mod