Friday, January 4, 2013

New and Improved "Great Lipstick" (and Gloss) Swatches!

Back when I owned almost 200 lipsticks, stains, and glosses, the idea of swatching them all would have been terrifying. Now that I've figured out what kinds of colors and formulas really work for me and narrowed my stash down considerably, I can swatch without fear!...sort of. The inside of my arm started to ache, so I switched to the top of my arm for the gloss swatches. This might also give you an idea as to how lipgloss ranks on my charts: I'm just not a huge gloss fan. Don't get me wrong, I like the small collection I've narrowed down to, and there are definitely some looks that benefit from a great gloss. But I've decided to pretty much stop purchasing gloss unless something really unique comes out, because I'm content with what I have, and I'm far more likely to try on a gloss and say, "Ooo, is there a lipstick this color?"

Photos were taken in both indirect sunlight and with flash. Estee Lauder Pinkberry is a lipstick, but it's with the gloss swatches because I managed to lose it under a pillow for a few minutes. Click each image for a better view. Enjoy!


NOTE: the third swatch should say "Lancome Natural Beauty"; somehow, the third line got truncated.








No comments:

Post a Comment