Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Five Products I'm Trying to Finish This Fall


You know you've been teaching for too long if you label your pictures things like "Fall18." But hey, this is just what it says on the tin: five products I want to finish in fall 2018. For the record, I consider December 1 the first day of winter. The calendar says December 21, but does it wait that long to get stupid cold? Nope, so I'm going with September-October-November for fall.

MAC Strobe Cream -- This is an old standby that I've repurchased a zillion times, but the tube is getting a little old, slash, I keep getting distracted by other highlighters. I'll likely use this up by wearing it to work. The black line next to the word "Strobe" shows how much product I have right now.

YSL Touche Eclat #2 -- While I enjoy this product, I'll never get over the $42 price tag. I mostly use it as an undereye brightener, and in that capacity, I like the Maybelline Dream Lumi concealer just as much. I can't tell how much of this is left, but I'd guesstimate that it's about half full.

Stila Huge Extreme Lash (deluxe sample) -- No amount of volume is worth a formula this wet and clumpy. Because I can get this mascara to work if I apply it super carefully and really clean up my eyelid afterward, I'm stubbornly refusing to throw it out until the end of September.

Milk Makeup Gel Brow in Pilsner -- This is an okay brow pencil, but it's just okay, and I definitely prefer a harder formula than this for my day-to-day looks. I've already used up quite a bit of this pencil!

Laura Mercier Caviar Stick in Vanilla Kiss -- Do I like this cream eyeshadow? No; it never seems to dry down, leaving me with slightly sticky eyelids if I apply too much. Is it a good color? Yes, but Wet n' Wild Brulee is just as nice and it only costs $2 per pan. Am I going to finish this anyway? Yes, because it's bearable when used in small amounts and I'm too lazy to apply powder eyeshadow at seven in the morning.

If you want to join me in finishing five products and you use Instagram, try using the hashtag #5ff. I'd love to see what you're using up!

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, I don't think I'll ever stop thinking in terms of the academic calendar, even if I leave academia! I'm going to try to finish my mini of Bésame Noir Red this fall/winter, though it's so pigmented that I'm not sure how far I'll get.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless you, I don't think I'd ever manage to finish a shade that dark, even in a mini!

      Delete