Sunday, August 13, 2017

Adding More to Project Pan 2017


Because I started a year-long, casual Project Pan, then fussed over not meeting my goals fast enough, I decided to add more goals. Maybe that sounds counter-productive, but if my goal is to finish 5 products and I'm barely denting more than two of them, adding more stuff to pan or finish improves my chances of actually...you know, hitting my goals. Granted, it means there are also more goals I won't reach, but ha ha ha, LOGIC.

I ran a few goals, like "pan any product" and "finish a pencil," through a randomizer app, then picked some more stuff to toss in to the project. Here's what we've got going on:

Products to Finish: Maybelline Dream Lumi Highlighting Concealer Pen in Ivory, Glossier Balm Dot Com in Mint, Glossier Boy Brow in Clear, Milk Makeup Blur Stick (deluxe sample), Glossier Perfecting Skin Tint, and miniature lipstick.

Products to Pan/Finish Half: YSL Creme de Blush in #9 Babydoll, MAC Strobe Cream (travel size).

Purged: Glossier Perfecting Skin Tint. I've honestly loved the ease and the finish of this product, but after the first few months of use, I began to notice that my skin would react when I wore it. I rub on the tint, and within a half an hour, my chronic hives kicks up. I actually got rid of my first bottle because of this, missed it, thought it might be something completely unrelated, repurchased it, and have noticed the same thing happening over the past few months. My hives are generally not prompted by topical products, but my body has decided it dislikes something in this tint, so unfortunately, I'm going to have to hand it off to somebody else.

Goals I will almost definitely hit: I use MAC Strobe Cream frequently, so I'll be a bit surprised if I can't finish half of it by the end of the year. I've already gone through two thirds of the Glossier Balm Dot Com. Also, the Milk Makeup deluxe sample is heftier than you might think--a little goes a long way--but it is a deluxe sample, so I'm hopeful I can finish it in four and a half months. You can't see it in this picture, but I've already finished about half of the YSL blush; it's one of my favorites, and I'm forever pissed that they discontinued it.

Goals I'm nervous about: It's been a while since I've finished a lipstick, even a mini, because it's rare for me to wear the same color more than twice a week.  And I don't know how people are emptying those Maybelline concealer pens in less than 2 months! Granted, I don't wear makeup every day, but it still takes me a damn long time to even make a dent.

2 comments:

  1. I've also decided to do a Project Pan! It's going to be quite casual, I just want to go through some of my items by the end of the year.

    - Too Faced Hangover Primer (I don't wear foundation that often but I'd like to wear it more, so hopefully this will encourage me to use it up)
    - Mac Studio Fix Fluid (it's a bit old so I need to finish it off, it's got about a third of the bottle to go)
    - I'd also like to fully pan two of my cream-coloured shadows as I recently depotted all of my palettes and I have waaay too many of the same colour! It feels like every single palette I owned had at least one cream shade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with the cream shadows! I always find them tough.

      Delete