Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Lipstick Diaries #6: Lipstick Queen Jean Queen and MAC Viva Glam Miley Cyrus


I look kinda drunk in both of these pictures. Oops?

Anyway! We're halfway through the Lipstick Diaries, and I think it's really giving me perspective on what does and doesn't work for me. Guys: I like pink. Pink works with my skintone. I need to just admit it.

Also, sorry there have been so many lipstick-centric posts as of late. I swear I'm working on other stuff!

Lipstick Queen Jean Queen is one of the lipsticks that I think really just "does it" for me. It looks a little brighter in this photo than it actually is, but the general color is close: a slightly warm, glossy watermelon pink that works on almost everybody. Seriously, my mom wore this to my sister's wedding and she has a completely different skin tone. It's such a perfect slap-it-on-and-go color, great for casual wear or days at work. Maybe we'll get lucky and LQ will produce a version with SPF...they could call it "Cut Off Jeans" or something like that. *nerd*

MAC Viva Glam Miley Cyrus is another personal favorite of mine--I love it enough that I bought another tube for a giveaway. It's the perfect saturated, cool-ish fuchsia pink. This one has an Amplified formula, so it's very pigmented and creamy. Also, if you apply-blot-reapply, you'll get tons of wear out of it even without a lip liner. I get tons of compliments when I wear VG Miley! (They're apparently coming out with another Miley Cyrus shade and it's going to be orange...? I think? Somebody keep me posted!)

No comments:

Post a Comment