Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Lipstick Diaries #5: MAC Candy Yum Yum and Ruby Woo


More MAC lipsticks, and they're both mattes! (Sorry, guys; I swear I'm trying to diversify my collection!) First up is Candy Yum Yum, which I have a love-hate relationship with. It can make even the most moisturized and exfoliated lips look meh, and it definitely dominates my face. But it's just so freaking cool! If I'm going out and I want a statement lip, CYY is a dumb reach. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it or not...thoughts?

There's no question about Ruby Woo, though: I love it. Yes, it's also a matte, but I find it more forgiving (and flattering) than Candy Yum Yum. Ruby Woo is neither warm nor cool, just very balanced. This makes it a great choice for a wide variety of skintones--I remember seeing it on Jennifer Hudson recently and thinking she looked gorgeous. My tube is a pathetic little nubbin' these days. My only complaint about this one is that it's difficult to alter the color and opacity: the formula is so powdery and dense that it blocks out most lip liners and won't sheer out with balm.

No comments:

Post a Comment