Friday, April 24, 2015

HAUL: Happy Birthday to Me!


I know many of us joke about getting a bunch of stuff for a holiday or milestone that doesn't really exist, but it actually was my birthday last week! And several incredibly kind people bought me Sephora gift cards, just in time for the 15% off VIB sale. Enabling! Yay!

First up, let's take a look at the stuff I got from Sephora!


...okay, I know, it's not quite the incredible hoard that some people get during sales. But this is a lot for me!

The red tube is the Koh Gen Do Maifanshi Moisture Foundation in 001. I actually tested this product a while back and liked the formula, but decided not to purchase it because it went so dark and pink on me. I'm hoping that, now that my skin is drier and more textured, I won't experience the level of oxidization. And maybe I'll be so desperate that I won't notice it's pink instead of the cool yellow I desire.

I also got another Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Eye Shadow, this time in Playa Del Pink, the lightest shade. I own a bottle of Rose Gold that I received in a set that I love. Seriously, the texture and finish of these things? Phenomenal.

The other two items are 100 point perks: Living Proof Instant Texture Mist, which I decided to try on a whim, and the Dior lash primer I love, but hate paying full price for. I'd saved up enough for a 500 point perk, but quite frankly, they haven't interested me as of late.


Also, some freebies! The NARS Sephora Beauty Insider gift was obviously given to me becaaaause...it's my birthday month! I've owned the Cruella pencil before, and I know I love the color, so I'm excited to try the satin pencil.

NEST is a new-to-me brand, but I've been enjoying their products so far (when I can find them at TJ Maxxx, that is, cause I'm cheap). Moroccan Amber is a really beautiful, warm scent, a smoother version of Bath & Body Works' Sensual Amber. I'm on the hunt for other cheap NEST stuff so I can maybe do a collective review.

Last, but not least, this Eyeko Black Magic mascara was gifted to me during a fragrance swap. I haven't had the best luck with Eyeko products, but I know this mascara is well loved, so maybe it'll change my mind!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Looks like you got some good loot!!! :)

    ReplyDelete