Sunday, April 26, 2015

FOTD: This is the New Stuff

Just what it says in the title: this is me wearing some of the acquisitions listed in my most recent haul. Let's get in to the first impressions!

First up, that Eyeko mascara I was sure I was going to hate. It's actually...kinda nice. It gives more length than volume, and it does that by clinging to your lashes, so I think my eyes looked a bit spidery. But sometimes, I like that look. The only problem is that I found it reeeeally difficult to remove; when I soaked it with baby oil, it came off slowly in chunks. I'll probably use up the tube.

We all knew I was gonna love my newest Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Eyeshadow, so I'm not even gonna go in to it, except to say UUUUUUNF. I get so many compliments on those things, I may just have to buy the full set.

The NARS Rikugien pencil I got in the 2015 Sephora birthday gift is really fantastic. I don't think the rosey-mauve color is actually all that flattering on me--it kinda makes my teeth look yellow in some pictures--but eeeeeh, it's comfortable and wearable and I still like it.

As a final note: I recently received an email asking me how I use the Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer on particularly nasty zits., like the doozy on my chin I covered up here. I'll be sure to cover that in my Ask Me Almost Anything video, which I'll record...sometime soon. *busybusybusy*




BASE: MAC Face & Body in N1 + White, Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer in Sx01, Dolce & Gabbana powder foundation in 50 Ivory, Skindinavia Setting Spray

.
 
EYES: Maybelline Dream Lumi concealer pen in Radiant, Anastasia Brow Wiz in Medium Brown, Too Faced Shadow Insurance, Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Eyeshadow in Playa Del Pink, Eyeko Black Magic mascara

.
 
CHEEKS: Kevyn Aucoin Creamy Moist Glow in Pravella, Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Pearl

.
 
LIPS: NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Rikugien

1 comment: