Friday, October 10, 2014

25 Tops: Lipstick Queen Pink Sinner


Let me get this out of the way: I've been dealing with something akin to face dysmorphic disorder. I obsess over my face, my skin, and my makeup all throughout the day; I look at myself in every mirror in the house, and I'm never satisfied. I'm not 100% sure what's going on with me, but I think it's a combination of aging changing my skin ever so slightly and general stress. Logically, I know there's nothing wrong with my skin, and there are so many people with bigger problems: painful acne, aching rosacea flare-ups, fungal infections...I'm just having a moment. So please bear with me while I try to get myself back in balance.

All of this being said, I'm currently trying to find a foundation that can replace MAC Face & Body. It's still quite beautiful on my skin, but my bottles are getting old (they're from January 2011). While I keep the bottles in the fridge, and while they seem to be functioning properly, I get a little icked out putting a 3 1/2 year old product all over my face. Before I shell out $70 to replace them, I'd like to see if I can find something with medium coverage that matches me out of the bottle.


This flash photograph provides the best representation of the colors. I don't wear Lipstick Queen Pink Sinner very often, but I think that's because I mostly wear bright lips, and if I don't, I wear something strong enough on the eye that I feel better with quite a pale lip. Pink Sinner doesn't fit that bill: it's a slightly warm, mid-tone pink that gives a distinct rosebud look. Really, I should wear it more. It's a KEEP for now! What do you guys think?

I'm going to PURGE NARS Penny Lane, however, because it's too brown for my skin. The Wet n' Wild Nude Awakening palette, I'm...not so sure about. I LOVE the super-pale shade in the top left, and there's less fallout with Nude Awakening than with other WnW palettes. But a lot of the other shades seem really sheer. Hum...that's a MAYBE. I also PURGED my Makeup Forever HD Pressed Powder recently. I'd originally bought it for my mom, but she's not wowed by it, and I never really use it.

For reference, here's the FOTD in natural light on a cloudy day (aka, a regular day in Pennsylvania), and with flash on a standard definition camera:




KEEP PILE:
1. Hourglass Muse
2. Hourglass Riviera
3. Hourglass Icon (mini-size)
4. Chanel Dragon [D/C]
5. Lancome Pale Lip
6. Bite Beauty Velvet
7. Lipstick Queen Saint Pinky Nude
8. Lipstick Queen Jean Queen
9. MAC Scarlet Ibis [LE]
10. MAC Viva Glam Nicki [LE]
11. Urban Decay Native
12. MAC Candy Yum Yum
13. Lipstick Queen Sinner Bright Rose
14. Lipstick Queen Sinner Pink

PURGE PILE:
1. MAC Neon Orange
2. MAC Sounds Like Noise [LE]
3. NARS Cruella
4. NARS Roman Holiday
5. Lipstick Queen Saint Berry
6. Bite Madeira
7. Beauty Cosmetics Flouron
9. Bite Pomegranate

MAYBE PILE:
1. MAC Impassioned
2. Elizabeth Arden Poppy Cream

NEW STUFF:
1. MAC Relentlessly Red
2. MAC Sushi Kiss

STOLEN:
1. MAC Please Me

 LEFT TO CONSIDER/TEST:
1. MAC Petals and Peacocks [LE]
2. MAC Party Parrot [LE]
3. Bite Quince
4. Bite Cranberry
5. MAC Betty Bright [LE]
6. MAC Ruby Woo
7. Lipstick Queen Rose Sinner
8. MAC Viva Glam VI Special Edition [LE]
9. Laura Mercier Mulberry lip stain
10. Maybelline Super Stay Non-Stop Red
11. MAC Lady Danger
12. Revlon Black Cherry
13. MAC Girl About Town

No comments:

Post a Comment