Tuesday, April 22, 2014

FOTD: I Can't Live Without Hourglass Liquid Lipsticks (plus a tip)

So technically I took these photos because I'm trying out a new foundation, and I wanted to show what it looked like after it'd been sitting on my skin for about 30 minutes (hint: much better). But I was just so distracted by my new-ish Hourglass Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick in Muse. I already loved Icon, but Muse? Such a perfect, matte, unique coral shade! I feel like it completely transforms my face.

Although, you know, this is why I've started doing my Pinterest Inspiration challenge: I am so, so lazy when it comes to my everyday face. "Foundation, brows, mascara...okay, that's fine...NOW LIPSTICK!!! ...aaaaand I think I'm pretty much done." Granted, the name of this blog kinda gives away my main preoccupations, but still. You can wear a great lipstick without doing the same damn FOTD all of the time!


BASE: Chantecaille Future Skin in Porcelain, NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Chantilly

EYES: Wet n' Wild Fergie eye primer, Wet n' Wild Brulee eyeshadow, Bare Minerals Lash Demolition mascara, Shu Uemura Hard Formula brow pencil in Seal Brown

CHEEKS: Becca Beach Tint in Dragonfruit, RMS Beauty Living Luminizer

LIPS: Hourglass Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick in Muse ♥ ♥ ♥


And now, a quick hair tip!

I know what you're thinking: "Renee, you're going to give people hair tips? Have you SEEN your hair? There's a reason why you refer to it as a 'lion's mane.' That shit is out of control and you hardly do anything with it."


Go ahead, scoff. I scoff at myself on a regular basis. (Attractive, yes?)

But I did get a question from a friend, so I figured  I should answer: "How do you get your hair so huge if it's baby fine?"


It's actually really easy: I skip washing my hair, put my hair in to a bun on top of my head (ie, a topknot), I spray on some hairspray, then I go to sleep. When I undo the bun in the morning and brush through my hair, I get some waves and tons of volume. If it looks bad for any reason (which has only happened once, to the best of my memory), I just pull it back in to a ponytail.

That's it. Super-easy. I will say that I use AquaNet hairspray, which has lots of hold, but is still brushable. I think that sticky formula helps out. Also, my hair is super-fine, but also naturally corkscrew curly; this might contribute to the texture/size after I brush it out. Still, give it a shot on a weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I love that lipstick on you! My hair is very thick and coarse, but I might try your method to see how the waves turn out. It's slightly naturally wavy already, but not nearly as much as yours in these photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If your hair is quite thick, maybe try it for a few hours before testing out the overnight results. That way, things don't get too wild and crazy.

      Delete