Wednesday, November 20, 2013

1.5 FOTDs and a Haul


These are actually the same exact FOTD; the only thing different in the second picture is the lipstick, which I changed after I got home from work. And I'm sorry I look so much darker and more yellow than usual in that second picture; now that it gets dark early, I'm taking a lot of my photos in artificial light. I don't think Force of Love is my most flattering bright lipstick, but I like the color in theory, so I'm still clinging to it.


BASE: Paula's Choice Barely There Sheer Matte Tint in Level 1, MAC Pressed Blot Powder in Light, Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer in Sx02, Skindinavia setting spray

EYES: Shu Uemura Hard Formula brow pencil in Seal Brown, Benefit They're Real! mascara, Wet n' Wild Mega Liner in Black, Charlotte Ronson Liquid Eyeshadow in Sky [D/C], Benefit High Beam

CHEEKS: Kevyn Aucoin Creamy Moist Glow in Isadore, Benefit High Beam

LIPS: Lipstick Queen Pink Sinner lipstick + Bobbi Brown Rich Color gloss in Tutu [D/C] in first photo; MAC Matte lipstick in Force of Love in second photo



And now...THE HAUL.


It's been a while since I've well and truly HAULED. I've been doing plenty of swaps, and I've bought a few items here and there, but I'm not exactly in the position to make large purchases the way I used to. So I started saving up $10 or $15 left over from each paycheck, and after most of the semester--and a positive teaching evaluation, yay!--I was able to afford some goodies from Nordstrom and Sephora. :) Clockwise from the top left: Dolce & Gabbana powder foundation, a huge pile o' samples, Hourglass liquid lipstick mini, Chanel Illusoire, a deluxe Korres sample, and 2 of the Urban Decay Revolution lipsticks. I also repurchased my Shiseido facial cottons, but that's boring, whatever. I also got a little giveaway prize, so stay tuned for that and a whole slew o' reviews!

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the Hourglass review. I've been eyeing that color ever since I saw they came out with the mini one. I have two other colors (Rose and Edition) that I love for everyday wear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I'm picky about liquid lipstick formulas, so here's hoping I love it!

      Delete