Tuesday, October 15, 2013

2 FOTDs

Let's just get this first Face of the Day out of the way, because I honestly can't remember everything I was wearing that day.


What I DO remember wearing here are the Kevyn Aucoin primer and Liquid Airbrush foundation, the Elizabeth Arden Smoky Eyes eyeliner, Makeup Forever Uplight #11, and Chanel Abstraction. You see, I was trying to see if I could purge any of these things. I've decided to keep most of them, although I won't be repurchasing Abstraction: it's pretty, but not striking or unique enough for me to reach for it on the regular. What I AM purging is the Liquid Airbrush foundation. Yes, it photographs beautifully, but it can be fussy on my skin, and it's a bit peachy for my tastes. I also don't reach for it that often because I'm generally a sheer coverage kinda gal.

Also, these photos make it clear that the Skindinavia Bridal spray is slightly different from the original: the Bridal is a bit shinier/glowier. I need to stop after one or two squirts of the Bridal, whereas I can really pile on the original and I look less powdery, but not exactly dewy. That's not a BAD thing, but I think I'll stick with the original in the future. It's rare that I want to look super-duper-glowy all over.

This second FOTD is what I wore to work this afternoon, so it's much easier to remember and break down. :)


BASE: MAC Face & Body foundation in N1 + White, MAC Pressed Blot Powder, Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer in Sx02, Skindinavia setting spray

EYES: Wet n' Wild Fergie primer, Shu Uemura Hard Formula brow pencil in Seal Brown, Benefit They're Real! mascara, Benefit Creaseless Cream shadow in RSVP, Clinique Bottom Lash mascara in Black Brown

CHEEKS: Kevyn Aucoin Creamy Moist Glow in Tansoleil

LIPS: NYX lip liner in Auburn, Chanel Rouge Allure Laque in Dragon [D/C]

And last, but not least, here's my furbaby playing with her new kitty kicker! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment