Wednesday, August 14, 2013

A Week Without Foundation, Day 4; now with bonus empties!

You know, I'm starting to appreciate the "wow factor" of this whole no-foundation thing. I still wish I had some concealer on my discoloration and my horrendous undereye circles, but if you're going to do a statement lip, it's kind of...fun having nothing else to distract from it. A bit unbalanced in the eyes of some, yes, but I'd take an unbalanced Revlon Black Cherry look over something outta Showgirls any day.

Skipping foundation, concealer, and powder also makes my looks more cost-effective. Besides the $5 Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick, I also used my $4 Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes mascara, a very pigmented Wet n' Wild $1 brow pencil in Taupe, and the peachy Victoria's Secret gel blush I got on sale for $3. That means this look cost all of $13...and if it wasn't meant to be completely base-free, I would've used a bit of cheap-o concealer to finish it off.


Just imagine it with concealer, friends! Imagine those dark circles awaaaay!

ANYWAY. Here are some more empties, all skincare, all much-loved. I've gone through another tub of the Avon Nurtura night cream (which I always have a back-up of), the infamous Jack Black lip balm (not sure how many of these I own now), the Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream Body Treatment (which I currently can't afford a back-up of), and the L'occitane foot cream (ditto).


No comments:

Post a Comment