Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask Mini-Review and a FOTD


I recently received a few Paula's Choice goodies in a swap with a friend, including the Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask. My skin is generally quite dry, though I do get oily on my eyelids and nose, and I've been experiencing a certain "lack of glow" from the super-high amount of sunscreen I wear on a regular basis. I figured this mask would be a great way to treat myself and restore some moisture and plumpness to my battered face.

The product is generally scentless and incredibly gentle on the skin; it feels like I'm rubbing on a light lotion or gel. I didn't experience any tingling or pain...in fact, it felt like I just had something wet on my face. This mask doesn't dry or get sticky, but rather stays quite wet, which meant I had to stumble around my house glasses-less for 20 minutes. Rinsing this mask off was the best part of the whole experience: when it comes in contact with water, it softens up even  more and feels almost like a cleansing milk.

Unfortunately, this didn't do anything for my skin. While it didn't cause me any problems, it didn't add any moisture, either. It was also a little difficult to rub on my nightly moisturizer, as my skin had a vaguely rubbery texture for several hours after I'd removed the mask. I'm assuming this mask would work better for skin that's far less dry than most of mine, but it did nothing for me. Such a shame. :( RATING: 2 out of 5.

On a brighter note, here's my FOTD! I'm testing out a very matte foundation (Kat Von D Lock It), so I decided to go full-on 90s and keep the rest of my face neutral-and-matte. It's not a look I'd wear regularly, but eh, it was fun to do.

I'm also hoping to do another $20 face; I just need to find a base product that fits the bill!


BASE: Kat Von D Lock It foundation in #42, Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer in Sx02

EYES: Too Faced Shadow Insurance, Shu Uemura Hard Formula brow pencil in Seal Brown, Benefit They're Real! mascara, Wet n' Wild eyeshadow in Brulee, MAC Matte eyeshadow in Wedge, Bobbi Brown gel liner in Espresso Ink

CHEEKS: MAC Satin blush in Fleur Power

LIPS: Bobbi Brown Creamy lip liner in Melon, unknown MAC lipstick

No comments:

Post a Comment