Tuesday, March 19, 2013

FOTD: What's pink, purple, and frustrating all over?

I don't have to be at work until 11:00 tonight (graveyard shift), so I have the whole day to myself. And because my only plans are to finish the laundry, lounge around in yoga pants, and take a nap so I'm not completely dead by the time I'm done working (7:30am), I decided I could do a few slightly different things with my makeup today.

First, I decided to go basically foundation-less. This is sometimes a horrifying concept for me--I like a lot of bright lipsticks, and I find that they generally look best against very even, healthy-looking skin--but the GLAMGLOW mud mask REALLY helped to get my post-travel skin back in to shape. So I just added some glow to my skin with my beloved Elizabeth Arden Let There Be Light cream (why oh WHY did they discontinue this?!) and used a tiny amount of base product where I needed it. I put a dot of MAC Face & Body foundation on the back of my hand, then blended in a VERY tiny amount of Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer. (Really, it was tiny: about the same amount people use to do a swatch, perhaps even less.) I then used a fluffy brush to apply most of the mixture to my chin, undereyes, and the bottom of my nose, where my skin is most uneven, and dotted it over a few tiny zits on my forehead. I then just swept the small amount left on the brush over the apples of my cheeks for a bit more even-ness. I absolutely LOVE this mixture; it gives you the coverage of SSE with the skin-like look of F&B!


I also decided to pull out a few really nice products I haven't used in a while: my Urban Deca UrbanGlow cream highlighter in Moonshine (still in shock that they discontinued this shade; it is SUCH a unique color with a GORGEOUS texture!), my Butter London Lippy gloss in Teddy Girl, a Wet n' Wild palette, and the Essence gel liner in London Baby (so highly recommended!).

Unfortunately, the final result doesn't look that great on camera. I don't know why, but pastel lip colors always look garish in my pictures, almost like they've been drawn over with the lipliner, and while that purple eyeshadow is super-smooth and soft in real life, it looks like a muddy mess in these photos. Truly, truly frustrating. I think this is why I've always been such a fan of bright lipsticks--they photograph so well!




BASE: MAC Face & Body foundation in N1 + White blended with Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer in Sx02, ELF Complexion Perfection

EYES: Too Faced Shadow Insurance, CoverGirl Clump Crusher mascara, Shu Uemura Hard 9 Formula brow pencil in Seal Brown, Elizabeth Arden Smoky Eyes pencil in Smoky Black, Wet n' Wild 6-pan palette in Lust [D/C], Urban Decay UrbanGlow cream highlighter in Moonshine [D/C], Clinique Bottom Lash mascara

CHEEKS: NYX cream blush in Boho Chic, Urban Decay UrbanGlow cream highlighter in Moonshine [D/C]

LIPS: NYX lip liner in Nude Pink, Revlon Super Lustrous matte lipstick in Pink Pout, Butter London Lippy in Teddy Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment