Monday, March 18, 2013

FOTD: Warm Dragon, plus a mini-rave

Traveling seems to wreak havoc on my skin, especially when I'm in a very different climate and I'm lacking my favorite exfoliant, running low on cleanser, etc. By the time I got back from North Dakota (yesterday), my skin was blackhead-laden, lackluster, blemish-ridden, and just generally icky. Luckily, I still had half of a sample packet of this guy:

Image from Sephora.com

My skin looked SO MUCH BETTER immediately after I used this mask; it was glowier, smoother, and most of my blackheads had disappeared. My rockin' huge chin zit also looked like it had been reduced, but I didn't necessarily attribute it to the mask until I woke up this morning and it was basically gone. And it didn't completely dry out my skin. LOVE IT! Officially my new favorite product for when my skin is shot to shit. Unfortunately, a full size jar of this product is almost $70, and I wouldn't use it enough to justify the cost. Some folks have informed me that there's a tiny jar available at some Sephora stores for $20, so I might hold out for the Friends and Family sale and hope they stock it online.

All moaning aside, the GLAMGLOW mask helped get my skin red-lipstick-ready, so I whipped out my beloved Chanel Dragon. It's normally a darker, more auburn red, like the color of my glasses, but I wanted to warm it up a bit, so I applied it over a warmer, lighter lipliner.





BASE: MAC Face & Body foundation in N1 + White, Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer in Sx02

EYES: Too Faced Shadow Insurance, CoverGirl Clump Crusher mascara, Shu Uemura Hard 9 Formula brow pencil in Seal Brown, Milani Liquid Eye eyeliner in Black

CHEEKS: Cargo blush in Catalina, Makeup Forever Uplight #11

LIPS: MAC Chromagraphic pencil in Basic Red, Chanel Rouge Allure Lacque in Dragon [D/C]

No comments:

Post a Comment