Monday, November 12, 2012

FOTD: Lots o' First Impressions

I knew I was going to work through half of the football game, so I decided to brighten up my day by trying out a bunch of the new stuff I got! I'm actually uber-impressed with most of the items. I immediately fell in love with the Bobbi Brown gel liner in Espresso Ink, which was super-creamy, easy to apply, and the perfect dark brown color. And by the end of the night, I was wowed by how long the Laura Mercier lip stain stayed on! It WILL come off slightly with a lot of pressure, but it doesn't smear, can be layered for a darker color, and just plain ol' sticks the way a stain should. The Clinique brow pencil won't replace my La Femme Taupe liner, but that's just because I prefer a very hard pencil. If you prefer a softer brow pencil, this is a great option; it stayed on for 10 hours without smearing or budging. The Estee Lauder Sumptuous mascara isn't the blackest or most dramatic I've used, but it provides decent volume and length and doesn't flake or smear at all. I also never thought I'd say anything nice about YSL Touche Eclat, and it DID crease and fade by the end of the night, but if I use it as a corrector on my undereyes, then blend my foundation over top, it provides really beautiful coverage.

Please pardon my hair and sloppy t-shirt; I do my makeup before fixing my hair and getting dressed.



BASE: MAC Face & Body in White + N1, Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Radiant Touch concealer in #8 [D/C], Skindinavia setting spray
 .
EYES: Too Faced Shadow Insurance, Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner in Espresso Ink, Estee Lauder Sumptuous mascara, Clinique Superfine Liner in 01 Soft Blonde, MAC Cream Colour Base in Pearl
 .
CHEEKS: NYX cream blush in Glow, MAC Cream Colour Base in Pearl
 .
LIPS: Laura Mercier lip stain in Mulberry

No comments:

Post a Comment