Friday, June 28, 2019

I'm on a break.

You may have noticed that this blog has been strangely quiet for the past two weeks. That's because I have experienced a ton of life changes in June. I'm not wild about broadcasting my entire personal life on the internet, but there are four big things happening that I think you have the right to know about.

First and foremost, I visited my family for several weeks and realized that my cat isn't doing well. She's had a few health scares, but these are much more serious, continuous issues. It's been a struggle to come to terms with the fact that my cat is finally feeling all of her twenty years. This issue alone has taken up a ton of my time and energy.

Also, my partner and I have both experienced some really positive career changes, including a relatively stable full-time position for me. While these are obviously improvements, there's also a lot of stress that goes along with them. Restructuring my brain to focus on one full-time position instead of juggling two or three part-time positions (I've done the latter for about six years now) has been tricky.

A lot of my energy is being devoted to politics as well. I'm sure most of you are aware that there's a big election coming up in the United States. My career will be greatly affected by some of the major issues in this election, namely education and immigration, but I'm also concerned about the future of this country. Living in one of the most conservative, least politically flexible parts of the country forces my partner and I to deal with a lot of stress and turmoil that we want to work through.

Finally, our closest friends in the area are moving across the country. Obviously, we're thrilled about how their lives are getting better and better! But my partner and I are human. So we're sad to say goodbye to two people we've come to love and trust. We've realized that we probably need to work on making more friends and expanding our social circles, which is...something I am shit at, frankly.

So for now, at least, the blog will be quiet. I actually have a lot of reviews left to write and plenty of post ideas jotted down in my notebooks, but I think I need to take an honest to goodness break for a bit--no popping in every couple of weeks to post or whatever. I'll still post on Instagram from time to time, I'm sure. In the meantime, I hope you all have a beautiful summer, and I thank you for sticking with me and this blog throughout these years.


2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you're going through a stressful time, and very sorry about your beautiful kitty. Wishing her happiness and lots of love.

    On the other hand, big congrats on the new job. I hope that once you settle into that it'll alleviate some stress and be a positive change.

    The state of American (and global) politics is... concerning, to say the least. We have a federal election here in October, and while I'm not thrilled with the current government, I'm terrified a Conservative government will be elected - and I already live in a province with a completely horrible Conservative government who in only a year has done incredible harm that I actively feel, primarily in terms of worker's rights and education funding. So I really feel your stress there and I am hoping for the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the new job! That's awesome, and so deserved.

    Politics are my jam, but I had to sort of shut off that need to be on top of everything as of late, due to my own pile of life stuff. Also my province has been juggling a very precarious government since September and I fully anticipate it toppling by the end of the year, in addition to the Canadian federal election in October. And then there's worrying about the US! I hope that we can all affect some real, positive change as elections come up.

    ReplyDelete