Saturday, May 12, 2018

New Assortment of Light and Dark Swatches


Between orders I've placed on Sephora and Nordstrom and a swap-for-samples with a generous Redditor, I've gathered enough foundation and concealer cards to do another slew of swatches! I tried to pick cards that came with both a light and dark shade; samples that only included medium shades, like the NARS and Bare Minerals ones, were not used for this post. As always, if any company would like to send a sample of their lightest and darkest base product shades for me to swatch, please contact me via the email on the side bar. This is especially relevant for dark shades--for whatever reason, companies never include anything near the darkest shade in the range on their sample cards.

These swatches were photographed in three lighting situations: natural light on the left, ring light in the middle, fill flash on the right. Please remember that these are being swatched on the inside of my arm, which is very light and leans cool yellow (NC5-ish). Hence, some undertones or shades may appear quite stark. My hope is that you'll be able to compare the shades to each other to figure out if you have a match. Also, I apologize about the disparity in swatch thickness; almost all of these came from free sample cards, and some of them give you almost no product to test.


From top to bottom:


From top to bottom:

No comments:

Post a Comment