Thursday, February 25, 2016

Beauty Roulette: Third Update


Weeee, more Beauty Roulette! I'm excited about this update because I've made more progress than I thought I did, and I actually finished a few items.

First, the empties: both of the Haus of Gloi Aether products are totally empty, barring the teeny tiny amount of Body Emulsion (far left) that I can never seem to get out of the bottom. This isn't entirely surprising, since they're my favorite body lotions and they're fragrance-free, but still! Progress! I've also made a sizable dent in the Haus of Gloi Pumpkin Butter in Sol, which is amazing considering how much I hate the smell. I really want to take a break from it for a while, though, so I don't know how much progress I'll make between now and March.

I'm making slow but steady progress on the makeup. You can see a small change in both the Maybelline Dream Lumi concealer and MAC Lady Gaga lipglass. I'm now 90% sure I won't finish the lipglass before May, but I think I could, in fact, get through most of the concealer. I also think I'll be able to finish most of the MAC Strobe Cream, since I used far more this month than I thought I would and it continues to be my work/in-a-hurry go-to.


I've added a few more items to Beauty Roulette, but before I go over them, let's touch base on my last update. In the previous post, I rolled Show Something More Love and Give Something Another Chance. I chose the Chanel Illusion d'Ombres and the NARS Radiant Cream Compact Foundation, respectively; I have since purged both products. Hence, I rolled two new challenges: Finish a Fragrance Sample/Decant and Finish a Skincare Product. Because I want a bit more of a challenge, I'm going to try to finish two samples--Thierry Mugler Alien and Imaginary Authors The Cobra and the Canary--and I'm going to use the Nuxe Reve de Miel lip balm for my skincare product, even though I use it almost every night and it's still seemingly endless.

I was also trying to Use Half of the ELF Gotta Glow Lip Tint, but it seems to have gone missing. A couple of weeks back, a tiff broke out on the bus and I rushed to get away from it, dropping some of my possessions in the process. My lunchbox was returned to me, but I'm thinking the lip tint was lost in the fray. :/ So I've decided to try and finish up the Clinique Almost Lipstick in Pink Honey.


Last, but not least, here's my progress on the Finish Any Product selections. MAC Ruby Woo lipstick is slow-going, which isn't surprising given how dry and pigmented it is. Still, that's way more product used up than I expected! The Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz is going faster and will definitely be finished by May.

6 comments:

  1. Just popped by to say HOLY COW, I am so very grateful that I found your blog while hunting for MAC F&B reviews. We have VERY similar skin, both in color and in texture - your foundation reviews and swatches make me jump for joy! Plus your posts are an absolute joy to read. Thank you for providing such a fantastic resource for us pale gals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind comment! I'm so glad you're finding the reviews useful--that's my main goal. :)

      Delete
  2. I love these updates! Reve de Miel is truly endless though. Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I'm hoping I can get through at least half of it by the end of the year!

      Delete
  3. I was so excited to get that Clinique Pink Honey as a sample with purchase from Sephora but I found it to be so lacking in pigment and drying. I love their chubby sticks though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Y'know, I'm not surprised that it's drying. A lot of lipsticks that are marketed as being natural and sheer are strangely drying on my lips; I'm starting to think it's something consistent in the formulas.

      Delete