Friday, January 22, 2016

Adding More to Beauty Roulette/Project Pan!


I've been sitting at my desk this past week, staring at all of my products, and I finally decided to add a few more items to my current Beauty Roulette run. I'm going to use these up as much as I can during the spring and will mark my progress throughout! These products were marked a few days before the photo was taken, hence why some of the lines appear too high.

Here's what was added:
  • Three Haus of Gloi products: Pumpkin Butters in Aether and Sol, Body Emulsion in Aether. Aether is Haus of Gloi's fragrance-free line and a personal favorite of mine, so I'll have no trouble finishing these up in the spring. Sol, however, is going to be much harder for me; I got it on sale for $5 a while back, and I get the feeling it went on sale because it reeks like Lemon Pledge. I recently placed an order of Autumn/Yule sale items to restock my collection, though, so I have to move these guys out.
  • MAC Strobe Cream. This travel-size tube is getting a bit old for my comfort, so I'm going to see how far I can get with it, then toss it in May. These smaller tubes are more cost-effective than the full size bottles, but they don't count for Back 2 MAC, and I do often go through Strobe Cream...should I just buy the full size next time?
  • Maybelline Dream Lumi Pen. Another staple of mine that is getting a bit old and ragged. I think I'll be able to use most of it before May rolls around!
  • MAC Viva Glam Gaga I lipglass. I'm not a lipgloss person, so even though this is one of the few I've loved (it's the perfect pastel pink), I think I need to get it out of my collection. This may be the hardest out of all of them, because I don't really wear pastel pink lips to work. Again, I'm going to see how far I can get, then toss it in my Back 2 MAC bag when May rolls around.

8 comments:

  1. I really like how you decided to use up as much as you can by May and then toss the older products. I feel like most of my Projects take that turn too - I don't often put my newest products in them, so really, it's just giving things as much love as possible before they need to be thrown out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's lucky for me that I love these products (except for the reek of Sol) and use them regularly (except for the lipglass). That's why I appreciate your empties/PP posts, too, because it's not stuff you hate!

      Delete
  2. I've recently found your blog and have loved everything I found while snooping through it! I love the idea of your beauty roulette, it makes me want to go through my collection and try to use up my things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you're liking it here! I actually stole the Beauty Roulette idea from a YouTube video I linked in my original post, so credit where it's due. :)

      Delete
  3. Seeing everyone else use up well-loved products actually made me want to start blogging again, so I'm happy to see what other people have chosen! I really wish shipping costs hadn't risen so much that I could still use Haus of Gloi products, but it isn't worth it to me to spend 40$+ on shipping for only 4-5 products (darn the Canadian Postal Service!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. $40 on shipping?! That's obscene! The only way that'd be worth it is if you hit up one of the sales and split the order with somebody. Or, of course, if their products were the only ones that worked for you, but hopefully you've found replacements!

      Delete
  4. I like your realistic expectations (use as much as you SC can by May then toss). It's a more pragmatic approach than "I'm gonna use up all the things!". Way more achievable having a definite time frame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do sometimes try to use things up entirely, and I know some people are able to really kill a product. But I hate forcing myself to use something. Like, what if I don't feel like having a glossy pink lip one day? Am I going to force myself to have one just to get a little further on a Project Pan? Nah. Kudos to anybody who can do that and enjoys it, though; to each their own!

      Delete