Thursday, December 10, 2015

FOTD: Plum Purge

I was going through my makeup and trying to figure out if there was anything else I could purge (since I did some Black Friday damage), and I plucked out four products. I rarely just get rid of things, however, unless I hate hate hate them from the get-go; I usually test them a few times, then put away anything that didn't wow me for a month or two and see if I miss it.

Today, I was testing out the Stila Convertible Color in Tulip, the By Terry Touch Veloutee Highlighting Concealer in Porcelain, and MAC Beet lipliner. Tulip was a bit hard to work with because it's so dark and pigmented, but once it's on? UGH. Same with Beet, which is dryer than I usually prefer, but is such a flawless plum color. The By Terry concealer, though? I'm leaning towards purge. It's ludicrously peachy and doesn't seem to do much for my under eyes; it also looks a bit dry.

What are your thoughts?

Also, is it just me, or does my hair look really dark here?!


.
BASE: MAC Face & Body in N1 + White, Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Ethereal Light, Cinema Secrets Moisture Spray

.
EYES: By Terry Touch Veloutee Highlighting Concealer in Porcelain, Anastasia Brow Wiz in Medium Brown, Guerlain Maxi Lash So Volume! mascara, Anastasia Clear Brow Gel

.
CHEEKS: Stila Convertible Color in Tulip, MAC Strobe Cream

.
LIPS: MAC lip pencil in Beet, Elizabeth Arden Crystal Clear gloss

4 comments:

  1. If you're gonna purge one, I would say get rid of the concealer! I did some Black Friday damage too.......and then a little more after that when I got the email from Sephora letting me know that Becca Pearl was finally available in powder form. Hold me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, look how dark and brown my undereyes look here! It's NOT doing the job.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. No lies, it's a nice powder. But if you have one that you love and that works well for you, I'd stick with it.

      Delete