Thursday, November 12, 2015

Lipstick Diaries #9: Dior Fluid Sticks in Pandore and Kiss Me


When I reviewed these "frankenlip" sticks last year, I noted that the formula is amazing, but not entirely to my personal tastes. That review stands, even with a gorgeous shade like Pandore. It's a warm red that, in terms of color alone, works well on my skintone. But the Dior Fluid Sticks have a jelly-like formula, and I have to admit that the glossiness makes them feel especially formal and "done-up" to me. I don't wear this often, and I don't really enjoy it as much as some of my other reds. I'll probably finish this tube, but I won't repurchase.

My opinions on Kiss Me have changed a bit, however. I still think the formula for this milky pink is slightly different from the brights: it still gums up a bit at the corners and center of my lips, so I have to pat it out with my finger every few hours. But the tube I have now seems slightly cooler-toned, and it doesn't reek of perfume the way my previous tube did. I like this shade a lot for soft, tonal looks, and my mother absolutely loves it. Again, I'm not sure if I'd repurchase it because of the glossy formula, but I'll definitely use up the tube.

No comments:

Post a Comment