Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Send (Highlighting) Help


I didn't think I could get more obsessed with cream-and-liquid highlighters, buuuuuuuut I have. In fact, I've even started to look at some powder highlighters (Shiseido High Beam White is calling my name). That's the level of obsession we're dealing with. When I notice a brand has a luminizer, I start scouring the net for swatches.

I picked up these three highlighters very recently, though the first didn't work for me and went back almost immediately--I just kept a squirt of the product in a palette for swatching purposes. Interestingly, none of these are the usual stark white color I tend to go for. Good? Bad? Only time will tell.

Daylight on top, flash on the bottom. From left to right: Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector (liquid) in Moonstone, Kjaer Weis Radiance, Chantecaille Liquid Lumiere in Sheen.

I love Becca's liquid Shimmering Skin Perfector formula, and I use Pearl regularly, so I decided to try Moonstone ($19 at Sephora). Moonstone is a pale yellow color, and it's absolutely beautiful...but because my skin is a pale yellow color, it kinda ends up looking like shimmery concealer on me. Back it went, but with my whole-hearted recommendation for N15-25 gals. In other news, Becca needs to produce the small $19 tubes of every SSP shade, because using up a full size will take your freaking lifetime. (I should make a post about that: "This is the Product That Never Ends!")

Next, the Kjaer Weis highlighter in Radiance ($56 at Beautylish). I actually got the refill pan on the cheap at a blogsale, and it's making me wish KW sold the palettes separately. I'm pretty sure it'll dry out quickly otherwise. :/ That being said, the formula is creamy and dreamy, and the finish is beautiful. It has an interesting lavender tint to it that makes it different from everything else in my collection.

Last, but not least, Chantecaille Liquid Lumiere in Sheen ($39 at Chantecaille.com). When I was experiencing a super-stressful April, I mentioned wanting to haul this, and a kind soul offered to send me her barely-used tube as a pick-me-up. This is one of the boldest and frostiest liquid highlighters I've ever seen; it gives mega-watt glow and contains lots of fine sparkle. It's darker, peachier, and more glittery than what I normally go for, but for more dramatic looks or summer nights on the town? It's perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment