Saturday, November 1, 2014

Recent Acquisitions, Pale Foundation Swatches, and More


I took this picture and immediately scolded myself. "How, how, HOW did this happen?!" I screeched internally, wondering what possessed me to spend all of my non-existent money on this pile of stuff. Then I remember that I swapped for half of this, was gifted another chunk of it (thank you, seriously!), and got the rest on sale. Oh, and there's a ton of samples, too. That always bulks up a haul.

First, the basics: I repurchased the Paula's Choice Sheer Matte Tint in Level 1, because it's a staple. Although it's darker than my neck, it's sheer enough that I can get away with it, and it's perfect for work or I'm-in-a-rush days. The NARS Sheer Glow was an incredibly sweet gift, as are the samples in the middle and the Chanel cream blush in Fantastic. :) Bobbi Brown Skin foundation was one of my Friends & Family sale purchases; I'm testing it out right now, and I'm not quite sure how I feel about it just yet. Will review it shortly.

My other F&F purchases were Shiseido cottons (a staple) and the Hourglass Opaque Rogue Liquid Lipstick in Ballet. This looks like a soft, mid-tone pink in most of the photos I see...maybe I got a dud, but this shade is definitely a berry-fuchsia on me, much darker than I expected. It's not BAD, but I'm not sure it flatters me. I'll probably send it back for one of the other shades. The Urban Decay Perversion mascara was a Sephora 100 point perk. I also bought the It Cosmetics CC Cream in Fair and Hourglass ORLL in Edition from Reddit/blogsales.


This is me wearing Bobbi Brown Skin and Hourglass Ballet. There's no denying that Skin photographs beautifully, but macro shots in my review will show that I haven't managed to wrangle it yet. I'm going to give it a third try, and if I'm not satisfied, it'll also be going back. :/ On the bright side, I received my VIB cards in the mail, so I can still get 20% off of my exchange products.

And I think you can see that Ballet looks very, very berry on me. So sad. :( I was hoping for something softer/milkier and lighter.

Also on my face: Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer in Sx01 for spot concealing, Anastasia Dipbrow in Taupe (reviewing soon, really, I am just so behind), L'oreal Miss Manga mascara, Cargo Catalina blush, MUFE Uplight #11, Wet n' Wild liquid eyeliner, and Milani Liquid Eyes pencil. I didn't wear any powder or primer because I wanted to test Bobbi Brown Skin on it's lonesome; the next time I wear it, I'm adding my sunscreens, which double as primers.

Here are some swatches of my newest foundation acquisitions. Be prepared to see this photo multiple times, because I hate reswatching a base product unless it's necessary. *lazy*

Natural light on top, flash on bottom. From left to right: Bobbi Brown Skin liquid foundation in 00 Alabaster, NARS Sheer Glow liquid foundation in Light 1 Siberia, Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer in Sx02, It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream in Fair.

The first three are in the N10 range, while the It CC Cream looks more like an N15 product to me--we'll see how it looks when I apply it. NARS Siberia has strong cool yellow undertones, which bodes well for me. BB Alabaster and KA Sx02 are slightly pink.

As a final note, I've complete 25 tops! Here are all of the lipsticks I decided to purge:

1. MAC Neon Orange
2. MAC Sounds Like Noise [LE]
3. NARS Cruella
4. NARS Roman Holiday
5. Lipstick Queen Saint Berry
6. Bite Madeira
7. Beauty Cosmetics Flouron
9. Bite Pomegranate
10. Revlon Back Cherry
11. Elizabeth Arden Poppy Cream
12. MAC Impassioned
13. Laura Mercier Mulberry lip stain

Don't forget: I'm giving away a free Kevyn Aucoin lash curler!

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure I could be parted with my Black Cherry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just looks so terrible and patchy on me. :(

      Delete