Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Urban Decay Midnight Cowboy...NEVER AGAIN


My skin was a bit of a mess this past week, so I took a few days away from makeup to let it heal. This past weekend marked the first time I painted my face in 6 days! Eek!

I decided that, since I'd been makeup-free for a while, I should get back in to it with one of my favorite things: a red lip. Hilariously, I decided to purge this shade--Bite Beauty HPP in Pomegranate--after putting it on. It's GORGEOUS, and I recommend it constantly, but I don't think it's as suited to my tastes as, say, the Hourglass liquid lipsticks. (Are you guys sick of hearing about that formula yet? Come to think of it, has Hourglass hired me to promote this lipstick line yet?) It'll be sent off to a better home. :)

Then I decided to try Urban Decay's Midnight Cowboy eyeshadow for the first time in years. And I remembered why I haven't worn it for years: the glitter fallout is INSANE. I ended up looking like a four year old who'd gone crazy with a glitter crayon. UUUGH.


BASE: MAC Strobe Cream, Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer in Sx01, Dolce & Gabbana powder foundation in 50 Ivory, Skindinavia setting spray
EYES: Too Faced Shadow Insurance, Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in RSVP, Urban Decay eyeshadow in Midnight Cowboy, Catrice eyeshadow in Starlight Espresso [D/C], Wet n' Wild eyeshadow in Brulee, Shu Uemura brow pencil in Seal Brown, L'oreal Miss Manga mascara, Maybelline Full n' Soft mascara, Milani Liquid Eyes pencil in Black
CHEEKS: Scott Barnes Chic Palette in Posh [D/C]
LIPS: Bite Beauty High Pigment Pencil in Pomegranate

No comments:

Post a Comment