Monday, June 2, 2014

FOTD: More Lazy Smokey Eyes

Someday I'll be a good makeup addict and do a true-blue smoky eye, with multiple shades of gray and very careful blending. But until I can work up that gumption, there's also multi-dimensional cream shadows!

I bought the MUFE Aqua Cream in shade #2 on a whim several months back, then left is on the side while I practiced easy-breezy-beautiful North Carolina beach makeup. Now that I'm back in the air conditioning and the stormy cloudy gentler Pennsylvania climate, I've decided to try some "darker" looks. I actually really love how this turned out!

Fair warning: my skin is very patchworked right now in terms of color, with some sections still in my usual N5 range and my shoulders darkened up to NC25. Not much I can do about it, unfortunately.


BASE: Paula's Choice Sheer Matte Tint in Fair/Light, NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Chantilly, Suqqu loose powder in Natural
EYES: Too Faced Shadow Insurance, Wet n' Wild eyeshadow in Brulee, Makeup Forever Aqua Cream #2, Catrice eyeshadow in The Noble Knights, Wet n' Wild liquid liner, Elizabeth Arden Smoky Eyes pencil in Smoky Black, DiorShow lash primer, CoverGirl Clump Crusher mascara, Shu Uemura Hard Formula brow pencil in Seal Brown, Anastasia clear brow gel
CHEEKS: Kevyn Aucoin Creamy Moist Glow in Tansoleil
LIPS: MAC lip liner in Subculture, Bite Beauty High Pigment Pencil in Madeira

4 comments:

  1. Really pretty combo of luminous greys and peachy lips :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Probably going to wear a slightly modified version whenever I need a "dark eye" look in the future. :)

      Delete
  2. Your complexion looks airbrushed! How do you feel about SUQQU's Nuancing Loose Powder as a setting powder?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply; I missed this comment in my inbox.

      I think the Suqqu is really beautiful. Very finely milled and not cakey at all; it gives my skin a great finish. It's not the best for oil control, so I'd keep a blot powder on hand, but by the same token, it sits beautifully on dry skin. Hope that helps!

      Delete