Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Pinterest Inspiration #2: Purely Pink


I originally planned on using this Pinterest Inspiration for a look that was monochromatic, but wasn't pink. Pink isn't exactly my favorite color for eyeshadow, and if I'm going to wear a pink lipstick, it usually has to have some "punch." But that means I'm going to want to slap on some fuchsia and leave the rest of my face relatively bare, and that's getting right back to that comfort zone we're trying to avoid, isn't it?

So I decided to stick with a purely pink look. And...I don't hate it. I certainly don't think I'd wear it on an outing or for my teaching job, as it's a bit too girly for my tastes, but it photographs beautifully and makes a statement. I think I'll have to continue using potent highlighters on top of my eyeshadows; I don't know why I haven't been doing that already.


Obviously, the model in the original has very different coloring, so they used a rosier blush on her and a super-pastel pink made more of a statement on her lids. I used brighter, cleaner pinks, especially when it came to my blush. But I wanted to copy that feel, the all-pink, all-soft, glowy feel. I actually think it turned out decently.

Here are the star materials:


Etude House Nymph Aura Volumer in Shade #2, applied to the cheeks and on top of my eyeshadow; Urban Decay eyeshadow in Sphynx and MAC Satin Taupe eyeshadow on top of MAC Pink Swoon blush with some Sally Girl Glitter Glue; YSL Creme de Blush in #9 Babydoll; MAC Viva Glam Gaga I lipstick and lipgloss.

2 comments: