Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Inspiration: Pretty in Pink


You've probably noticed my deep affinity for films and TV shows from the 80s and 90s, especially if the late John Hughes was involved. I watched a ton of these movies growing up, and they inspired me to wear weird things and be myself, to admit that I have some really displaced angst, and to realize that everything's going to be alright, regardless of how it seems in high school.

Pretty in Pink will forever be one of my favorite 80s movies when it comes to fashion. You've got to admire folks like the heroine, Andie, who can wear three different patterns and grandma's pearls at the same time while looking continuously chic. Oh, and Andie's boss Iona? She's totally my style. PiP's also got some of the best lines in movie history, like "May I admire you today?" and "What about prom, Blane?" If you're new to John Hughes' work and/or 80s movies, you've got to add this one to your list; it's a quintessential classic.




No comments:

Post a Comment