Monday, January 6, 2014

My Resolution: To Keep My Stash This Size!


New Year, old stash! I'm continuing to whittle down my stash, sending barely-used items to better homes and working on maintaining a tidier, more elite, better-loved collection. I'm never going to stop testing new formulations or fiddling with a different shade of lipstick, so there's always going to be something new on the way...but that doesn't mean I can't keep my stash at a reasonable size. :) One of my resolutions for 2013 is to keep my makeup stash roughly this size for the foreseeable future.


Of course, the first thing I did was create a pile of items that just don't look great on me, aren't getting used enough, or are in formulations which don't suit my needs. I always leave this pile off to the side for about an hour so I can reconsider purging each item, and without fail, I end up keeping 2 or 3 things from the purge pile. But that's alright, considering I managed to get rid of a few lip products--my Achilles heel.


I've also started working on some depots. I'm not a huge powder eyeshadow person, so I have no qualms about popping said shadows out of their fancy, space-hogging containers and slipping them in to a sleek palette. I do have a few pans that won't stick, though, so I'm going to have to pick up some magnets or leave them as-is. Decisions decisions...


The current arrangement in my "vanity" organizer. It houses over half of my current collection.


My makeup drawer as of today. Holy crap, I don't think I've ever seen the "extras" fitting in one drawer, let alone leaving a bit of "blank space" in said drawer.

The drawer below is still the skincare drawer; it's currently housing (duh) my skincare back-ups, plus my perfumes, my bag o' samples, nail polishes, and some miscellaneous bits and bobs. My sister is also in the process of moving out, so there will possibly be further rearranging as the weeks go by.

Now it's time for a sort-of No Buy! Unless I'm using gift cards, swapping, or replenishing used-up items, I will not be buying makeup until after my sister's wedding (so not until June). I have plenty of stuff to try and review, so it shouldn't be too hard. :) Wish me lots of luck...and don't forget that you could still get new stuff from my giveaway. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment