Sunday, January 19, 2014

FOTD: Still Trying New Things

I've been testing out the Bite High Pigment Pencils and originally planned on keeping all of the FOTDs back until that review post. I decided, though, that the close-up lip swatches would be a better focus for that post, so I'm going to start posting the FOTDs as I work through each shade. I got positive responses to the HD; hence, it stays! :)

Just a note that Quince is really sort of a cool-toned fuchsia/berry, but it photographs more red.



BASE: MAC Strobe Cream, MAC Face & Body foundation in N1 + White, NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Chantilly, Dolce & Gabbana powder foundation in 50 Ivory

EYES: Shu Uemura Hard Formula brow pencil in Seal Brown, Too Faced Shadow Insurance, Benefit They're Real! mascara, Rouge Bunny Rouge eyeshadow in Unforgettable Oriole, Rouge Bunny Rouge eyeshadow in Eclipse Eagle, Rouge Bunny Rouge eyeshadow in Bohemian Waxwing, Wet n' Wild eyeshadow in Brulee, Clinique cream liner in True Black

CHEEKS: RMS Beauty Living Luminizer, Kevyn Aucoin Creamy Moist Glow in Tansoleil

LIPS: Bite Beauty High Pigment Pencil in Madeira, MAC lip liner in Subculture


 BASE: Tarte BB Tinted Treatment in Fair, NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Chantilly, Dolce & Gabbana powder foundation in 50 Ivory, Skindinavia setting spray

EYES: Shu Uemura Hard Formula brow pencil in Seal Brown, Too Faced Shadow Insurance, L'oreal Voluminous Carbon Black mascara, Dior Eye Show in 622 Undressed Beige, Elizabeth Arden Smoky Eyes pencil in Smoky Black

CHEEKS: Illamasqua Cream Blusher in Promise, Urban Decay Cream Highlight in Moonshine [D/C]

LIPS: Bite Beauty High Pigment Pencil in Quince

2 comments:

  1. Your skin looks incredible in the first 2 photos. Would you say that is the foundation choice? I have a similar complexion and I'm struggling to find the perfect foundation. It sounds like I need to try the MAC face and body foundation. Anyways, your natural beauty is flawless. It's hard to feel like less is more sometimes because I'm a beauty junkie, but this encourages me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's a mixture of things. To be fair, my skin is decent to begin with. MAC F&B is a great product, though, and layering a little Strobe Cream underneath the foundation often gives my skin that "soft focus" look in pictures. Ask your MAC counter for a sample! :)

      Delete