Friday, December 13, 2013

And they're off!

It's happened: my Dr. Martens 1B60 boots have gone to a better place.

You might not recall what happened with these beautiful boots, so I'll refresh your memory: I ordered them from Bloomingdale's almost 3 years ago. When I called customer service and asked if the listed sizes were the original UK sizes or the US equivalents, they assured me that they were listed in the US equivalent, so I ordered a size 8. Docs are always a bit stiff and heavy when you first get them because they need broken in, so I wore them around the house a few times, assuming that they were fitting awkwardly because they hadn't been stretched out. Then I checked the tongue and discovered that they were a UK 8, which means they're a US 10. Bloomingdale's customer service told me I couldn't return them because they'd been "worn." So I kept them and wore them anyway, using two or even three pairs of socks to keep them tight on my feet.

I haven't been wearing them much for the past 6 months, though, partially because of work, but mostly because...well, they don't fit. No matter how much I love the style or how great they look with my outfits, they just aren't the right size.

So when my friend popped in for a visit, fawned over them, and tried them on for funsies...I decided it was time to let them go, provided my friend promised to actually wear them. (They weren't cheap, after all, but they were much-loved and well-cared for!) Here's hoping they'll get more love from someone whose foot actually fits them.

I'm considering saving up for a replacement pair, or for the classic 1460 boots in black. Who knows? Maybe I'll get a full-time position or a bonus in the future. :)

4 comments:

  1. He looks just fabulous in those. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He rocks them better than I ever did, I can't deny it. :)

      Delete
  2. I disagree. I think you rocked them as well as anyone I've seen wearing them. You should definitely get a new pair in the right size. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm scoping out a shorter pair...maybe in a few years with more cash flow? Who knows!

      Delete