Saturday, August 31, 2013

The Purge Continues: Getting Rid of What You Love


Folks, we're getting to that point: I'm getting rid of things I really love. I'm just so desperately tired of feeling weighed down by STUFF, of feeling cramped in my own space. I've decided that, for every new product I bring in to my collection, an old product must go. And even if I really, really love a product or will probably never be able to purchase it again? ...it's going to waste if it's going unused. Hence, I've purged MAC Kanga-Rouge lipstick, MAC Crushed Bougainvillea CCB, and Lorac Exposed blush. All beautiful products, all going unloved in my collection and in need of better homes.

That's what makes it possible for me to get rid of these things, things that are super-beautiful, that I regularly recommend, that were maybe super-thoughtful gifts: THEY'RE GOING TO WASTE. And I certainly don't want that.


Speaking of bringing in the new and tossing the old: I managed to kill another bottle of Skindinavia Setting Spray, so I ordered a brand new bottle of the bridal version. I ordered from their website when they were having one of their "free shipping and a free mini-bottle" deals...and sweet lord, that mini bottle is ADORABLE! It's the perfect size for my make-up bag, too. Never gonna get over it, guys. NEVAH.

No comments:

Post a Comment