Sunday, July 7, 2013

Inspiration: Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead

I've been a humongous fan of the 1991 film Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead for at least 15 years. It's just so blatantly stuck between the decades; the heavy neutral makeup of the 90s is a surprisingly fantastic complement to the shoulder pads and bold patterns of the 80s. To say that the film's acid-era hangover fashion sense was a major inspiration to me would be an understatement. Though I don't quite get the appeal of a dress that literally hangs on you like a bag and I'm not one to wear a super-boxy blazer, I find most of Christina Applegate's outfits simultaneously garish and chic. And that appeals to me: it's still tickery-tackery, but at a much higher level.

I've also decided to go back through my posts and add a new tag: "inspiration." This isn't the first time I've slapped together a photo collage, yeah?





No comments:

Post a Comment