Friday, June 28, 2013

Vanity: Laura

Vanity: Lipsticking Vicariously Through Others


Laura, Blogger

Beauty has been an interest of mine since I was around 8 years old.  I grew up with twin sisters who were 10 years older than me, and they both used makeup, but each had their own style.  I remember playing in their makeup and my interest has snowballed from there. The only rule I follow is there are no rules.  Makeup is forever evolving and everyone interprets beauty differently.

On days that I actually DO have more than 5 minutes to get ready, I will spend hours getting ready.  Long showers, layering on skincare, perfecting my hair, and of COURSE applying my makeup.  You might think I'm a geisha on those days! My nighttime skincare routine consists of applying my TATCHA One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil and rinsing. I then use the Koh Gen Do Spa Water and a Q-tip to remove any excess eye makeup.  I apply whichever night time moisturizer I am wearing at that time, as well as my Mario Badescu Hyaluronic Eye Cream. I also love facial masks of all varieties--sheet masks, clay masks, peel off masks--you name it.



Being as beauty obsessed as I am, it's hard to pick favorite products. I don’t judge beauty products by cost or brand. If something is good, I'll buy it. It doesn’t matter if it is a $2 Wet n Wild eyeshadow or a $100 serum. The TATCHA Deep Brightening Serum is a favorite; this product alone has made my skin something to be proud of. The Laura Mercier Rose Rendezvous highlighter is the most gorgeous highlighter I have ever seen in my LIFE! And It Cosmetics Hello Lashes is my favorite mascara because it makes my lashes look RIDICULOUSLY long when I'm wearing it. The only things I've ever used up, or at least those that come to mind, are mascaras. None in particular; I use all of my mascaras up and have tried a large variety. But I have hit pan on a number of things. One product that I use daily is MAC Mystery eyeshadow. I use it to fill in my brows. I've had that eyeshadow for 3+ years and I only have the tiniest bit of pan showing.
  
Audrey Hepburn is one of my favorite people because she always looked great and I find her style amazing.  Inspiration comes from the most unexpected places. I have been in month-long ruts, and a simple idea will pop in my head while walking around my neighborhood or talking to a friend.  



 This project is greatly indebted to the Top Shelf section of IntoTheGloss.com, which was my inspiration, and to every beautiful person who participates. This article has been slightly modified for clarity and length.

4 comments:

  1. Tatcha has been on my radar for ages! Seeing these pics of Laura (glorious skin!) I'm not sure if I should splurge on every item she mentioned or whether it's down to genetics. Well my budget can't accomodate them, so I will tell myself it's the latter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think good skincare can come at every budget, but definitely, some more expensive products are worth it. Are you able to get a sample? That might help!

      Delete
    2. Hi there! :) It is definitely not genetics in my case! I had terrible skin prior to finding and sticking to a skincare routine that works! Renee is right, good skincare comes in a variety of price tags! You can buy a sample size collection of Tatcha products!

      Delete
  2. Two of my favorite MUAers and bloggers...I AM IN HEAVEN! Very great article. Cannot wait to see who is up next!

    ReplyDelete