Friday, May 3, 2013

No, I'm not dead...but my wallet is.

My apologies for the extended absence-o-content. I've had a crazy-weird work schedule and a nasty bout of the flu that's still lingering a smidge, so I've been spending most of my spare time sleeping and filling out job applications. But! I did manage to buy some brand new cheap goodies, finish a swap, and close my MAC Pro card with a bang.


The Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Tinted Balm has been a long-time lust of mine, and I'll do a full review of it when I get the chance. I can tell you right now, however, that I'm pretty sure it's going to be too dark for me. :( I got the NYX Black eyeshadow at the grocery store when I realized I'm lacking a matte black; I've been using it to do my winged liner from time to time, and I'm quite impressed with it! The Ben Nye Creme Color was a total impulse purchase, and now that I have it home, I think it looks very similar to the Kevyn Aucoin Creamy Moist Glow in Isadore...I'll keep you posted.


I didn't plan on buying any of the limited Edition Maybelline Color Tattoo cream shadows, but these were SO hyped, and they looked super-pretty when I held them up to the light. Seashore Frosts is, of course, the one everybody's talking about, and it's pretty unique from what I can tell. I also bought Lavish Lavender because it's my sort of color, and I think it might look neat with the Laura Mercier Metallic Creme eyeshadow in Alloy (which, unfortunately, I haven't been able to figure out yet; I'm pretty sure it's just not working on me).


Then I bought some pressed powders and a 209 brush from MAC, blah blah blah, nobody cares. LIPSTICKS! Obviously, I got a few brights. I Back 2 MACed for Vegas Volt about 2 years ago, then decided it wouldn't look right on me and immediately put it up as a contest prize. Now that I've relaxed a little more with regards to my bright lip colors (not everything has to be a blue-based red or hot pink, etc), I've decided to give it another shot. I also bought the limited edition Paramore lipstick, Sounds Like Noise, which I didn't get a discount on, but it's just...so WEIRD. I had to have it! And of course, the much-loved Girl About Town. I tested it out immediately and already adore it.


I also got a nude-ish color (shock!), Please Me. I'm not 100% sure how I feel about this shade. I think I'll only be able to wear it on itself with very specific looks and outfits, but if I want to wear it regularly, it'll probably  need a little gloss to not look so...eh? I'll play around with it a bit.

And keep your eyes out for my other purchase--it's a contest prize. ;)


From left to right: Makeup Forever Rouge Artist Intense #37, MAC Vegas Volt, MAC Sounds Like Noise, MAC Girl About Town, MAC Petals and Peacocks, MAC Please Me, Lipstick Queen Pink Sinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment