Monday, May 6, 2013

FOTD: Sounds Like Orange

You're all probably going to hate the crap out of this lip, because it's bright, bright orange, but I LOVE MAC Sounds Like Noise! It's just...so ODD. And it's a nice change from the usual reds I pair with my winged liner. I'm going to try a more toned-down application of this soon, ie, blotting it down or applying it over a rich balm.

I tried a few other things in this look, and I'm not so sure I love them. I like the texture of the MAC Prep + Prime pressed powder, but it doesn't seem to do much. And the Illamasqua Skin Base foundation is just...awful in pictures. It's kinda nice in person (at least so far), but it makes me look dull and not-at-all covered on camera. I'll play with it a bit more, though.

Also, two items in this look are getting purged. The first is Kevyn Aucoin Candlelight, which is GORGEOUS, but just isn't as nice on my super-dry cheeks as a cream or liquid highlighter. I want it to go to a better home. :) And the L'oreal Lineur Intense is officially getting tossed. Tried to use a pencil and a pressed shadow on top, and applying barely any pressure PULLED THE LIQUID LINER RIGHT OFF. Not okay with it.



BASE: Illamasqua Skin Base in 02, Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer in Sx01


EYES: Too Faced Shadow Insurance, Shu Uemura Hard Formula brow pencil in Seal Brown, Anastasia Clear Brow Gel, CoverGirl Clump Crusher mascara, Elizabeth Arden Smoky Eyes pencil in Smoky Black, L'oreal Lineur Intense in Carbon Black, Wet n' Wild eyeshadow in Brulee, MAC Chromagraphic Pencil in NC15/NW20

CHEEKS: Lancome Blush Subtil in Tangerine Tint (used super-lightly, so not visible in pictures), Kevyn Aucoin Candlelight powder

LIPS: MAC Chromagraphic Pencil in Basic Orange, MAC Matte lipstick in Sounds Like Noise [LE]

No comments:

Post a Comment