Monday, April 1, 2013

FOTD: Chanel Abstraction


Finally, a day off! And that means...FACE-PAINTING! With lots o' new stuff, including Chanel Abstraction! Abstraction is one of the newer Illusion d'Ombre cream shadows, which I've been lusting after for a while; however, because I wasn't sure how a pinky shadow would look on me, and because Chanel IdOs tend to dry out relatively quickly, I decided to wait until the product popped up on a friend's website, allowing me to get it at a discount. I'm not 100% sure how I feel about it yet; it's much more sheer than my other IdOs, even when packed on with a brush, but the color is quite neat. I'll have to keep testing it!

Also new to this look is my most recent Kevyn Aucoin Creamy Moist Glow purchase, Isadore, which I ADORE. It just reinforced that the CMGs are definitely my favorite cream blushes. I'm also test running the Flower Beauty liquid foundation, which is why these photos are in extra-specially-creepy high res: I photographed myself with my Canon Rebel T1i in RAW format to really try and see how this foundation looks on my skin. RAW is both beautiful and creepy in that it's super-duper high res, so you'll see things you can't even notice with the naked eye...which is sometimes nice, but also kinda icky. I'll do my best to review the foundation when I'm ready!


BASE: Flower Beauty About Face foundation in LF1, Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer in Sx02

EYES: Too Faced Shadow Insurance, Shu Uemura Hard Formula brow pencil in Seal Brown, Anastasia Clear Brow Gel, Chanel Illusion d'Ombre in Emerveille, Chanel Illusion d'Ombre in Abstraction, CoverGirl Clump Crusher mascara, Elizabeth Arden Smoky Eyes pencil in Smoky Black, Makeup Forever Uplight #11

CHEEKS: Kevyn Aucoin Creamy Moist Glow blush in Isadore, Makeup Forever Uplight #11

LIPS: NYX Round Gloss in Mauve [D/C]


For the record, my FOTD was inspired by this beautiful and oh-so-famous Keira Knightley look by Makeup Artist Kate Lee, which also features Chanel Abstraction and Makeup Forever Uplights. I'm not a huge fan of Keira as an actress, to be honest, but I ADORE her makeup!



No comments:

Post a Comment