Monday, April 8, 2013

Bad Outfit #20: Post-Mommy-Makeover Mall Run


My mother is a truly beautiful woman, inside and out. But for the past 5 or so years, she hasn't paid much attention to herself. She didn't wear makeup, she'd buy new clothes for herself and take them right back the next day, and she spent most of her weekends cleaning and doing favors for the rest of the family. Sunday, however, was a little different: she bought new clothes and proudly showed them off to everybody, she went to a knitting class, she didn't clean a single thing, and--to my great shock--she dumped out her small container of ancient makeup and asked me, "What do I do?"

Now that my mom has a quick 5-minute routine she can do before she goes to work in the mornings, she needs some fresh stuff and an organizer! My dad chipped in, and I got my mom this cute little acrylic stand at Wal-mart. You'll also notice a few things that were once mine in there: Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Boy (which she just LOVED), Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes (I'll probably repurchase this for myself at some point), and--no, you're not seeing things--my Kevyn Aucoin Creamy Moist Glow in Tansoleil. It just looked so pretty on her NC20-25 skin that I figured I'd just borrow it from her when I needed it. :) I also got her a brand new lash curler (a green Cynthia Rowley one, just cause green is her favorite color) and a darker, slightly more yellow shade of her Clinique foundation to sample.

But, um, since we were out, I got myself a few things...




...plus a few clothing items. All of them are black, and 3 of the 4 have skulls on them.



And for the record, I gave my mom my extra tube of Lipstick Queen Jean Queen, which she wore throughout the day and kept in her purse...seriously, guys, that lipstick is just so wonderful for so many skintones and age groups. I'm wearing it in these OOTD pictures, too! (Which, by the way, this outfit was far more flattering in real life, but we were kinda in a hurry to get some food in to our gaping maws, so we only took two pictures.) This was a rushed-but-comfortable outfit that I put together to showcase my beloved Triumph boots AND cut down on the sheer amount of black I wear. Y'know, cause there's a colorful coat. And some brown. I TRIED, OKAY?!



 .
COAT: American Eagle Outfitters plaid peacoat

SHIRT: Pink Floyd concert tee, thrifted

JEANS: Forever21 skinny jeans

BAG: Target

BOOTS: Dr. Martens 1914 Triumph
.

I also wanted to let you guys know that I'm totally, honestly working on a bunch of reviews, mostly of foundations. To be honest, I'm a little burnt out from months of hunting for a dry-skin friendly, super-pale foundation that sits nicely on my skin, so I'll probably go over those in a slew of mini-reviews. I know it's not as thorough as my usual foundation reviews, but...you guys understand, right? And I've got a few other new products that I'll probably shove together in another set of mini-reviews, like Rouge Bunny Rouge Sea of Clouds illuminator and a L'oreal liquid liner.


...yeeeeah, I've got a lot to do. Ignore my scary desk o' samples and, instead, enjoy this cute picture of my kitty re-experiencing the smells and sounds of the outside world!



No comments:

Post a Comment