Monday, March 25, 2013

Bad Outfit #18: Loungewear

It's a day off in a 40-hour work week that consists of what I call the Western Pennsylvanian Hat Trick from Hell: there's a holiday coming up, there's snow, and I work nothing but weekend and rush hour shifts. Times like this make working in a grocery store even more frustrating. It's Pennsylvania! IT'S GONNA SNOW! And if you somehow actually get snowed in for a day, are you REALLY going to die without those four gallons of milk? I doubt it.

So the store was non-stop yesterday, and I was so stiff and sore after 8 hours of bagging hams and listening to pointless bitching that I could barely move. My day off just HAD to be an anti-social, anti-function relaxation day, meaning I muted my phone, ignored my e-mail, and waited a few hours before doing my makeup. And of course, I needed very comfortable clothes. Stretch fabric and over-sized shirts, here I come!


SHIRT: cut-up Old Navy t-shirt, thrifty find

LEGGINGS: Mudd, from Kohl's clearance

BOOTS: Dr. Martens 1B60




I made sure to eat a super-decadent lunch before brushing my teeth and slapping on some makeup. I've become obsessed with some of the offerings on the grocery store's antipasto bar, and these stuffed banana papers are probably my favorite! They're full of cheese and prosciutto. *drools* And to finish it off, I had a little piece of carrot cake with cream cheese frosting.

Sometimes I think I should've been a food blogger...

ANYWAY! I decided to a do a dark eyes/soft pinks look today. Nothing too exciting, but my clothes were so obviously a version of my usual "uniform" (something loose, something fitted, mostly black, boots, no jewelry) that I felt the need to mix it up a little. My apologies about the little red spots under my brows; they needed plucked something awful. I realize I need to add a bit more white to my foundation to get a better match...Toto, I don't think we're in N10 territory anymore. :(




BASE: MAC Face & Body foundation in N1 + White, Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer in Sx02, ELF Complexion Perfection

EYES: Too Faced Shadow Insurance, Shu Uemura Hard Formula brow pencil in Seal Brown, Anastasia Clear Brow Gel, 100% Pure Cream Stick eye liner in Black Pearl, MAC Frost eyeshadow in Vex, MAC Frost eyeshadow in Satin Taupe, Milani Liquid Eye pencil in Black, Maybelline Great Last Lots of Lashes mascara

CHEEKS: Cargo blush in Catalina, MAC Lustre Drops in Pink Rebel [LE]

LIPS: NARS Matte lip pencil in Roman Holiday, Butter London Lippy gloss in Teddy Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment