Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Swap-and-Sale Haul

Just figured I'd show off some new stuff I've received via swaps, awesome sales, and good friends!


My incredibly sweet boyfriend got me a Sephora gift card from Christmas, so I decided to try one new product and one faithful favorite. Ye Olde Faithful in this instance was the Makeup Forever Uplight in #11, which is super-duper gorgeous and surprisingly natural. The gel formula is light weight, and it gives my skin a soft, dewy glow. The newbie is the Eyeko duo, which includes their skinny brush mascara and liquid eyeliner. The eyeliner is pretty good, but the mascara hasn't wowed me yet--I find it a bit difficult to deal with. Regardless, I'll keep using it.

I also got another tube of the Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Intensive Moisturizing Body Treatment. This has quickly become my absolute FAVORITE body moisturizer, but it doesn't last as long as a tub of Haus of Gloi Pumpkin Butter, so I'm replacing my empty tube (see below) for now and hoping I can hold off til spring!

SpaceNK.com has been having some fantastic sales on Vincent Longo products, which they are apparently liquidating from their warehouses. I tried--and loved--the Liquid Canvas Dew Finish foundation, which unfortunately doesn't come in a shade light enough for me. I also fell instantly in love with the Water Canvas blush in Swan Lake...


...so I went a little crazy and ordered a bunch more. Hey, don't give me that look; I got a few for you guys, too!


The blushes are Morning Tender, Aqua Crimson, and Forever Flush, and the highlighter is Lucky Light. I can't wait to try these! I truly love the texture. For $3, I also got a "micro" brow pencil in Blonde, and it is indeed micro! SO THIN! I can draw each individual brow hair in with this baby, no doubt. Luckily, it comes with a sharpener that fits the teeny tiny thing


I've also done some swapping and couponing. I added the Jack Black lip balm to my Sephora cart because I got some extra savings via a coupon; this is definitely one of my all-time favorite balms! The Maybelline One by One mascara is also a coupon purchase. (By the way: are you guys interested in mascara reviews? They're tricky to do, but I HAVE been trying a 4 or 5 new formulas...) I had some great swap partners, which resulted in a 1oz tube of L'occitane hand cream (which I'm learning to love!), the NARS cream blush in Cactus Flower, and a tube of MAC Lustre Drops in Pink Rebel. The Smoky Eyes eyeliner pencil was ordered directly from Elizabeth Arden.


And some freebies and swap extras! I gotta tell you, I'm starting to dig the travel-size/deluxe sample size items. They're fantastic for plane rides.


And of course, some empties. :) I've actually got ONE MORE night's use in that Elizabeth Arden body cream tube, but after that, it's on to the next bottle. And I've gone through about 3 packs of those facial wipes over the past 2 months; they're super-cheap wipes from the dollar store that I just use to clean up eyeshadow fallout and to wipe swatches off the back of my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment