Monday, February 25, 2013

Super-Early Spa Morning and FOTD


I rolled out of bed at 7am this morning. Not my normal routine, especially on days off when all I've got to do is clean and organize. But between my sister's phone alarm going off, my parents talking downstairs, and my cat loudly hacking up a hairball...well, I wasn't falling back asleep.



She may look cute, but I know her. That's her version of


Sigh.

But even when I'm up early, I don't like putting on my makeup before noon-ish unless I need it for work or an event. I'm in the habit of running errands or shopping in the afternoon, so I want my face to look fresh at that time. So what do I do in the morning?

SPA DAY, OF COURSE!


I was going to try my sample of the much-hyped GlamGlow mud mask, but then I realized that it could irritate my skin, and I REALLY wanted to wear makeup today! So I went with my old standby, the Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque. I cleansed my face before applying the mask so that I'd have a good, clean surface. I also decided to exfoliate and hydrate my lips, which are extra dry and flaky these days.


The Queen Helene mask is actually best for oily skin, but I still like to use it once or twice a month on my dry skin to squeeze out the gunk in my pores. I find that it's best to apply the mask to my least oily areas (my nose) and work out to my driest (my cheeks). I also leave it on for 10 minutes instead of the usual 15-20, as this is a somewhat drying mask.


I can't wear my glasses when I'm doing a mask, which renders me blind, so I decided to sit around and have a snack. Our grocery store FINALLY had a sale on Bolthouse Farm juices, which are some of my favorite snacks, and they're fantastic for you. Fixing my poor, tired skin from the inside out!


Can you see how quickly that thing dried on my skin?! Man oh man.

ANYWAY! I remove this mask with a cloth soaked in warm water, then I rinse my face with cold water. Obviously the "pore tightening" effect of cold water is only temporary, but it was preparation  for makeup!  Also, the cold water cools and smooths my skin, which makes the moisturizer I smooth on afterward feel extra nice.


Avon Nurtura has been my favorite face cream for three years now. It's thick, rich, creamy, and uber-moisturizing, but it doesn't feel tacky or heavy on my skin, nor does it emphasize my pores or break up my makeup.

My sample of the Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream, gifted to me by a kind MUAer, is so precious that I only use it maybe once a week. Today was a spa day, and I knew I wanted to wear heavier eye makeup today, so I had to pat some on to my undereyes and browbone.



ALL DONE.

I gave it all a few hours to soak in. And of course, I had to entertain myself with some classy stuff. Drag queens, anybody?


I may have screwed up that whole moisturizing routine by sitting in front of the space heater and baking myself. Erm. Oops?





BASE: Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin primer, Kevyn Aucoin Liquid Airbrush foundation in 02, Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer in Sx02

EYES: Too Faced Shadow Insurance, CoverGirl Clump Crusher mascara, Shu Uemura Hard 9 Formula brow pencil in Seal Brown, Lancome Metallic eyeshadow in Pink Zinc, MAC Frost eyeshadow in Satin Taupe, MAC Frost eyeshadow in Vex, Makeup Forever Uplight #22, Milani Liquid Eye eyeliner in Black, Eyeko liquid eyeliner

CHEEKS: Kevyn Aucoin Creamy Moist Glow blush in Tansoleil, Makeup Forever Uplight #22

LIPS: Lancome Rouge In Love lipstick in Sweet Embrace, Revlon Super Lustrous gloss in Coral Reef




No comments:

Post a Comment