Thursday, February 28, 2013

Beauty Sightings: RuPaul's Drag Race, Season 4

It's been a while since I've done a beauty sightings post, and the current season of RuPaul's Drag Race is just knocking my socks off. So why not include a slew of beauty sightings from one of my favorite seasons ever, season 4? I mean, who doesn't love a drag queen competition that ends with an eccentric beauty from Pittsburgh getting the crown?




...well, yes, I would love a crown, too. But I'm actually talking about Miss Sharon Needles, who became my top pick for the win when she walked in to the workroom on the first day looking like this:



HOW DO I LOVE THEE. LET ME COUNT THE WAYS AND THE NUMBER OF EDGAR ALLEN POE POEMS I WANT TO RECITE IN THE FACE OF YOUR FLAWLESSNESS. AND YOU'RE FROM THE PITTSBURGH DRAG SCENE--BONUS!

Annnnyway! NYX was the sponsor for this season, so be prepared to see a number of their products...but of course, every drag queen has her must-haves, carefully stashed away in their suitcases. As always, if you recognize a product, please let us know what it is!


You can definitely spot some MAC pigment jars in Jiggly Caliente's kit.


The first of many "Ru-Glue" sightings for this season.


Sharon sculpting her face. There's some nail polish remover on the stand behind her.


Madame LaQueer holding a pot with some kind of cream product. It's hard to see the label, but it doesn't look like NYX to me...maybe DermaBlend or Ben Nye?


VANITY SHOT! Sharon's got some Ben Nye loose powders and cream products.


Dida Ritz applying a beautiful pinky-red gloss. I wish we got to see more of this product!


A shot of Chad's brush kit. I see that puff with her all the time...is it a Kryolan puff?

A container full of glosses. I'm pretty sure these belong to Chad Michaels.


Chad using Studio Grafix hairspray on one of her many Cher wigs.


Latrice Royale is also a Ben Nye fan; I noticed a few of their products in her kit, including these infamous orange-y powders.


Some of Kenya Michael's makeup. I've seen that jar of loose powder on her table a few times, and I think it's either MAC or NYX.


Vanity shot!


Chad Michaels applying what I am 99% sure is some NYX lipliner.


Dida Ritz setting her makeup with AquaNet hair spray. This is a very old-school drag trick, and while it definitely works, I wouldn't recommend that the average person do it on a daily basis.


Product placement!


A good shot of some of Dida Ritz's products. There's a Kryolan palette, a NYX eyshadow kit, and several NARS compacts.


There's that puff again! And, of course, a picture of Cher in Chad's kit. ;) Those palettes in front of Chad pop up a LOT--anybody recognize them?



Willam and Sharon applying liquid liner.


Willam has a Dior product here; I'm pretty sure it's Dior Air Flash foundation. She also has some makeup wipes and q-tips.


Sharon uses a NYX pencil to draw on her brows.


Chad uses Duo lash glue. And I never noticed the tattoo on her wrist until now!


GOD, that bronzer looks SO familiar! Anybody recognize it?


It was a bit hard to capture, but Sharon is doing her contour with a MAC powder.


And the final sighting for today: lots of Sally Hansen airbrush makeup for legs! You'll notice this popping up on queens' tables from time to time; I especially noticed it on Willam's.

No comments:

Post a Comment