Thursday, December 13, 2012

Bad Outfit #14: "I was a target 'cause I'm a fashion misfit."

Contrary to what some of my photos suggest, I do wander out of my house looking like I do. And while I appreciate a person with wonky tastes, even if they aren't my own tastes, most people think that anything different or unusual is worthy of mockery. This is especially true if they're in a group--actually, it's almost always only true if they're in a group; I can't remember the last time a solitary person made fun of me for my clothes or my makeup, but there have been plenty of days, including today, when a pack of people plucked up the courage to mock me. I'd like to say that it doesn't get to me when a group of self-absorbed teenagers shouts insults at me as I walk past them on my way to the park, but hey, it does. It hurts for a moment, but the way it really gets to me is that it gets me to wear what I want to wear more often, regardless of the consequences. If my clothes make me feel great, that's already fantastic...but if they make me feel great and prompt a strong reaction in other people, negative or otherwise, well, I'm just ecstatic.


"When in doubt, freak 'em out." -- Sharon Needles



TOP: trashed Les Miserable shirt, thrifty find

JACKET: Blac Label, thrifty find

BOOTS: Dr. Martens 1460 ("borrowed" from my sister!)

JEANS: printed Mossimo Supply jeans, Target clearance section


LIPSTICK: Lipstick Queen Pink Sinner

No comments:

Post a Comment