Tuesday, September 4, 2012

New Shtuff


Swapping with lovely people and raiding drag queens' stashes, these have been my salvation during Operation-Use-It-All! ...ok, so I did buy a FEW things, but 2 of them were disturbingly cheap and the rest is for my sister's beach wedding (which is some time in 2014 now).


I popped in to Sally's for some Ardell 301 lashes and came up empty for the squillionth time (more on that later), and the cashier informed me that the clearance items were an extra 50% off. Never one to pass up a bargain, I raided the bins and found these 2 polishes, both hideously ugly and therefore very likely to please me: Orly Buried Alive and China Glaze Mahogany Magic. I paid $2 total for these lovelies. Still, I was sad that I couldn't find any lashes beyond the uber-full clowny ones...


...but the this happened! A lovely MUAer informed me that she had a ton of lashes she was never going to use, so she sent me all of these lovely beauties. She also offered to give me anything I wanted out of her swap list, and I saw one of the Shiseido lip lacquers I've been lusting after, but insisted that she let me pay her at least a bit of money for it. She acquiesced, then sent a whole bunch of goodies.


HOLY SAMPLES, BATMAN! I've been wanting to try a few of these, namely the MUFE primer and the Kiehl's cleanser, so I'm very excited. I don't know how she knew about my love of dark chocolate and pomegranates, but I'm not going to complain! The only thing that doesn't look like it'll work for me is the Perfekt skin gel, which is clearly too dark for me, but I'm going to abuse my sister's face as soon as I get the chance.


More items from the lovely MUAers package, plus wedding purchases and spoils from recent drag queen stash raids! I don't think the Neutrogena Healthy Skin cream foundation is quite my shade--Classic Ivory 10 is generally more yellow than Natural Ivory 20--but it DEFINITELY wasn't Scarlet Fairweather's shade! I've been curious about high-end face cotton/tissue for a while, especially since the drugstore cotton rounds I tried had a really loathsome texture, and now I think I might be addicted to the infamous Shiseido tissues.


Speaking of Shiseido: THE LACQUER ROUGE IN NOCTURNE!!! Gorgeous berry-red color, and I can already tell it wears like a beast, because the swatch was nigh-on impossible to get off. Plus the Kevy Aucoin face primer (which, yes, is that tiny) and 2 nude-ish lipsticks: Vincent Longo Gel-X lipstick in Neu and Lancome ColorDesign lipstick in Natural Beauty. The Vincent Longo lipstick looks like it's dried up a bit, but I'll try to make it work.


 The beautiful Urban Decay eyeshadows are Free Love and X, which my sister wanted for her wedding.

 Swatches, from left to right: Nocturne, Neu, Natural Beauty, Free Love, X

No comments:

Post a Comment