Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Bad Outfits #9 and #10: Keeping the Essentials

I knew it was going to be a rainy, icky day, so I wanted to brighten it up by wearing...um, lots of black. But hey, I love black, I love fishnet, and I love Doc Martens, so it's a winning combination, right? I assumed I was going to go for a short walk and yoinked this on:


But then I realized it was still kind of Pennsylvania-warm-and-humid-and-sticky outside, and I was probably wearing a bit too much. (No, really!) I also decided that I really wanted to wear a dress and I really didn't want to deal with my hair. So I kept the essentials--black, Docs, fishnet--and switched out the rest. I'm actually surprised that this $5 dress went so well with that fishnet top; you can't even tell it's a separate piece!


Then I got back in to my pajamas to do work, only to find out that my services aren't exactly needed today. Ah, well. Such is life!

FISHNET: Hot Topic fishnet shirt
BOOTS: Dr. Marten's 1B60
CROP TOP: Body Central
MILITARY CAP: thrifty find
JEANS: Forever 21 skinny jeans
DRESS: thrifty find
EARRINGS: Jolliffe Jewelry


 BASE: Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Primer, Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer in Sx02, Skindinavia setting spray
EYES: La Femme brow pencil in Taupe, Too Faced Shadow Insurance, false lashes by Darkness (style WZO?), Prestige My Biggest Lashes mascara, Milani Liquif-Eye eyeliner pencil in Black, Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in Skinny Jeans, Wet n' Wild Comfort Zone palette
 
CHEEKS: NYC Blushable Cream Stick in Plaza Pink [D/C]
LIPS: Sue Devitt lipgloss in Coral Sands
And a kind-of important note! I'm actually going to be in North Carolina for the next 10 days or so, so I won't be able to send out blogsale items and may be a bit delayed when it comes to responding to comments. I have a few posts queued up for when I'm gone, so the blog shouldn't be entirely blah and dead in my pseudo-absence. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment