Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Red lipstick week continues!

Amanda decided to do a week of red lipsticks, and I, being a complete lemming and red lipstick h00r, decided to go along for the ride. I wanted to wear a much warmer, coral-red color today, so I went with NYX Indie Flick. I think I'm going to purge this shade, just because Revlon Strawberry Suede is a bit more pink and therefore more flattering on my skintone sans gloss--I needed Revlon Sizzle gloss to make this a bit more wearable for my skintone. It's still a fantastic lipstick, though, and I highly recommend both the NYX mattes and Revlon ColorBurst lipglosses.

I also decided to test out the Lancome Le Crayon Khol. I didn't think I'd care for it much, because it looks almost gray and feels very hard to the touch. However, it actually does perform like a kohl pencil: very dark, quite pigmented...and unfortunately, pretty smudgy. I think I'll avoid using this for my cat eyes in the future.




BASE: MAC Face & Body in N1 + White, ELF Complexion Perfection, Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enhancer in Sx02, Skindinavia setting spray
 
 
EYES: Too Faced Shadow Insurance, Jordana Best Lash Extreme Volumizing mascara, La Femme pencil in Taupe,Wet n' Wild eyeshadow in Brulee, Jordana Fabu-liner in Black, Lancome Le Crayon Khol in Black Ebony, Kevyn Aucoin Celestial Powder in Candlelight
 
 
CHEEKS: Kevyn Aucoin Celestial Powder in Candlelight, La Femme blush in Heather
 
 
LIPS: NYX matte lipstick in Indie Flick, Revlon ColorBurst lipgloss in Sizzle

No comments:

Post a Comment