Monday, August 20, 2012

Bad Outfit #5: Boyfriend Jeans

I've been avoiding boyfriend jeans for a good 2 years now. I'm a very short, hippy person, so anything that's too baggy from the waist-down tends to be unflattering. But I recently got a pair for $3 at a sidewalk sale and have really been enjoying them, especially with rolled up hems and a pair of heels or slip-on flats. They're sort of a great late-summer-early-fall option for me. I went with the boyfriend jeans today because I felt like wrapping some braids around my head (thinning hair be damned) and I didn't want to look too girly. Plus, I've started a short-term collaborative writing job, and while it's all over Skype call, I didn't want to feel like a complete scuzzbucket. For the makeup, I wanted a major change from red lips (since last week was "Red Lipstick Week," which, hey, red is my favorite, but I like variety!), but I still wanted it to be feminine. Hence, I went with my standby "cool eye" and some pink lips/cheeks.


 TOP: black and white striped t-shirt, from Kohl's

JEANS: Levi's Signature boyfriend jean, from Gabriel's

SHOES: Unforgettable Moments by Lela Rose, from Payless

JEWELRY: none

POLISH (just done this morning, hence the mess): Zoya Colbie

FRAMES: Jones New York #J129 in Red





 BASE: MAC Face & Body foundation in N1 + White, Clinique Airbrush concealer in 001 Fair

EYES: La Femme brow pencil in Taupe, Too Faced Shadow Insurance, DiorShow Maximizer lash primer, Prestige My Biggest Lashes mascara, Urban Decay 24/7 liquid liner in Perversion, Lancome Le Crayon Khol in Black Ebony, Urban Decay eyeshadow in Sellout, Lancome eyeshadow in Pink Zinc, MAC eyeshadow in Satin Taupe

CHEEKS: La Femme blush in Rose, Benefit High Beam

LIPS: Revlon Super Lustrous matte lipstick in Pink Pout, NYX Round lipgloss in Pinky Natural [D/C]




 This happened to my beloved Prestige My Biggest Lashes when I opened it this morning. I know I'm due for a new tube, but dayum!



On a final note, guess who's going to the vet for dental surgery tomorrow? XD

No comments:

Post a Comment